Fuel Economy.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2010BlkGraniteNox

Reaction score
This was my 2010 I4 FWD work setup...I didnt get all the numbers, but 13K miles where recorded.

Trips where mostly interstate (90%). Speed typically cruise @ 74-75mph.

82511.png

I no longer have this as a work setup, but it did pretty good considering. The issue with the Nox's is simple physics, they will never get the EPA ratings going 70+. We have alot of drag, not a steller coefficent, and large frontal area....Its a great setup around town for a SUV, most people are doing this and reporting in the 24-26 range, which is great imo...but on the highway our mileage does not increase similar to what most people are used to with a car.

Here is my latest work car

2012 Impala w/ 3.6 VVT SIDI (301 HP with 6T70e Tranny...it moves even with the final of 2.48 :shocked:)

96321.png

EPA rates the Nox @ 32 while the Impala is rated 30....but with my driving style (75 on interstate), the car has an easier time obtaining those numbers, while the Nox could not. The car as well has 300hp, and is a 3.6L. My V6 Nox has engine envy when compared to the Impala....The low end power is great, and not once does this engine (with same tranny other hten final of 2.48 vs 2.77) gear search. GM got this one right...I have different opinions on the others tbh

2010BlkGraniteNox

Reaction score
Good stuff! Thanks for sharing... You didn't have the work Nox very long at all.

Well I will go through this Impala in about 18-24 months :). I picked up the Nox with 31k miles roughly, and turned it in early with 76k (LOL) because they have very good resale value atm, normally we order @ 75k and end up around 100k turn-in

I just drive too much for work! But enjoying the Impala for the most part, though the Nox's interior was slightly more comfortable

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
I think I would just be happy they didn't try to put you in a cruze. I sat in one and its not made for the big guy. The nox is way more comfortable!

TheDarkKnightKnox

Reaction score
Hey Everyone, Just got back from my trip from Ohio to Georgia and back, I was pretty surprised with the MPG numbers on the V6 considering all the up and down of the road.

25.2 MPG AVG over 1357 Miles with an average speed of 62.5 MPH

I didn't do very much driving around the city when i got to Augusta, so i would say this was 90% Highway.

islandreamer

Reaction score
I got a little over 3700 miles and averaging 21 mpg (city/hwy @ 27 mph avg.). Interstate (flat) is at 28 mpg avg @ 65 mph (cruise on) and 27 mpg avg @ 70 mph (cruise on). Tire pressures at 35 psi. Not bad for a V6/AWD. Might see better #'s later on.

montess85

Reaction score
Has anyone tried anything to improve miliage? I just bought a 2010 AWD with a 2.4 in it. I was wondering if anyone has tried a K&N or maybe a tune(if there are any avalable)? I haev been getting between 28-31 with mostly highway. I know thats good but more is always better lol....

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
I put a k&n air filter but that's it. I can't tell you if fuel mileage was improved but I really didn't keep track!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

bstritmatter

Reaction score
Mpg

We just got back from a day trip about 250-300 miles only got 22-23 mpg. Ours is a fwd 4cyl. thought it would get better. Went from a Pacifica to this for better mpg.

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
We just got back from a day trip about 250-300 miles only got 22-23 mpg. Ours is a fwd 4cyl. thought it would get better. Went from a Pacifica to this for better mpg.

What kind of mileage were you seeing with the Pacifica? Is your Equinox brand new? The seem to take a few thousand miles before they get broken in to show you the mileage you would like to see.

bstritmatter

Reaction score
It's 2011 with 40K we bought it in August. The Pacifica got 24 on the highway. Was trying to run 75-80 mph.

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
Ahh yes. You would see a vast improvement if you went the posted speed limit or around 65 mph. I think it's a conspiracy Manufacturer/The law. lol jk

Some say the i4 get's awesome fuel mileage and it achieves what it says on the sticker 26-32 and other's say that there is a fat chance of that happening.

Members online

No members online now.