Fuel Economy.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
What speeds/distance?

I'm getting 28+ on the DIC between 70-75mph now. Just need a good distance trip to do a fuel tank run on it to see how it does...maybe a trip up to my brothers for laborday or something

That was when I went to rock hill, SC we did highway and some city... speeds were around 75-80.

rlrnr53

Reaction score
Newbe here, I recently inherited an 05 Equinox, and haven't been getting very good milage. About 14-15 around town, and about 20 on a trip if I'm lucky. I've always thought that it should do a little better than this.

2010BlkGraniteNox

Reaction score
Newbe here, I recently inherited an 05 Equinox, and haven't been getting very good milage. About 14-15 around town, and about 20 on a trip if I'm lucky. I've always thought that it should do a little better than this.

Actually that sounds about right for the 3.4. Hwy 20-22 is what I would guess. The newest engines have SIDI (direct injection) and run much leaner throughout the rpm band, increasing mpg's @ idle, and town. We are just stuck due to emissions requirements of running the same AFR @ cruise, but could infact run much leaner (increasing mpg's, but NoX would increase as well, but NA is one of the few countries that considers that separate from hydrocarbons)

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score

Do you drive it hard around town? That seems like a big deficit to me... I could be wrong though...

Welcome to the site!

crtravelnmore

Reaction score
I would definitely like to hear any results you have...last weekend I was in Venice Beach, and most of it is hwy across FL, speeds are in the 55-65 range, and I usually travel 5mph over, I averaged (reset the DIC) 21.7, most of the time @ 65-70 I was getting just over the average, 22-24mpg. Now I'm getting easily 10-20% higher mpg since re-tune and airbox. But I'm not going to make too many claims yet :)...Trying to get some information to compare

What's your 0 to 60 time since the tune? Did Vince tune your trans and manual shift points also? I'm thinking about getting an AWD I4 Nok but I need alittle more pep:) Thanks.

2010BlkGraniteNox

Reaction score
What's your 0 to 60 time since the tune? Did Vince tune your trans and manual shift points also? I'm thinking about getting an AWD I4 Nok but I need alittle more pep:) Thanks.

I never really worried about 0-60 times....I mean it is just an Equinox after all. But for the 3.0L, low end power band is VERY noticeable. I have run the stock a few times since being tuned (testing), and every time I load the tune its instant smile for the powerband. On the V6 power never came on until in the 4k range, with the tune the powerband starts much lower (around 3k rpms, but it has more power from the start till then as well). It really gets rid of the flat spot the stock tune had

The Tranny tune goes with the engine imo....I have run the engine tune w/ the stock tranny tune, and it is fine, but it does loose the feel due to slow, weaker shifts. The tranny tunes are nice (I have 3 different ones I have been playing with), and it adds duel profiles into the tranny, given more useability of the "M" mode with faster, more precise shifts. As well I have a tune I have been testing out, that adds 2nd gear start to the car, the idea is to increase MPG's by not allowing the car to go into first gear, this will mainly work around town, typical increase is only 1-2mpg's at best depending on how much city driven one would do....

Z_Ghost

Super Mod
Reaction score
I'm getting 26 to and from work this week and traffic this week has not been nice on I35.

rlrnr53

Reaction score
Due to work, I haven't had time to check in like I would like to. No my wife usually drives the nox to and from work. We inherited the nox from my mother's estate, but were driving it for about a year before she passed away in last August. I haven't had time to do much of anything to it since I work for the state division of highways and so far this winter, we've had in excess of 75 in of snow. That makes for some long hours and weeks(24/7 until the mess is cleaned up).

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
Due to work, I haven't had time to check in like I would like to. No my wife usually drives the nox to and from work. We inherited the nox from my mother's estate, but were driving it for about a year before she passed away in last August. I haven't had time to do much of anything to it since I work for the state division of highways and so far this winter, we've had in excess of 75 in of snow. That makes for some long hours and weeks(24/7 until the mess is cleaned up).

Well we can take what we can get! :D Glad that you were able to check in with us! Sorry to hear that about your mom. Its been a rough year for a lot of people I know with the loss of family members.

Well when you get a chance tell us a little more about yourself and the Nox!

Congrats on inheriting it even though it sucks at the same time.

sparkynox

Reaction score
With less than 1000 miles on the ODO, I'm averaging about 26 per tankful. My drive to work is 75% hiway, 25% city. I sure do miss my F150, but I don't miss the 15 mpg. I'm working further from home, so a more gas-sipping vehicle was a must.

08PILOT

Reaction score
22-23 on long trips, last tank was a mix and we averaged 20.7,
normal tanks around town are 18-19. (3.6L VVT Engine in Mine)

rwblaine82

Reaction score
been averaging ours at 22 mpg around town, ofc I drive like a grandpa alot. my wife went to see her parent this weekend, 125 miles away she say from full to just below 3/4 of the tank she got there. so we will see if she makes it back on one tank. then I can calculate it from there since its all highway.

STILL MUCH better! cause old turd exploder from here to her parents uses a lil more BUT the gas tank in the exploder is 21 gallon while my equinox is 16 gallon. so u do the math.

godrdop9

Reaction score
I average around 18 with little highway and heavy city. My right foot's nickname is sledgehammer,lol.

Members online

No members online now.