Fuel Economy.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
I liked the LT package over the LTZ....The only thing I thought was nicer was the projector headlights, but not worth the 3k upgrade over the 2LT, considering you could add leather and powerlift to the 2LT cheaper than getting an LTZ (only 1500 in options). Didnt need the rest :)

Dude you got the powerlift gate? I envy you...

Yeah I have bought Lt everything from the LT 2500hd to the LT2 NOX...

Shanks12

Reaction score
Yeah, we ended up getting the SLE2 with options of Heated seats, remote start, moonroof

We were looking to move up to the SLT1 so we can get some of those options added in, but they told us we HAD to get leather.. and with a dog that wasn't an option for us. They told us they couldn't do a custom order either..

Guess they don't need our money that bad.. haha

I wish we would have spent the extra money on the power liftgate tho.. With my fiance being 5'2" its hard for her sometimes

Shanks12

Reaction score
haha, I'm right there with ya.. when we first started to price them.. we were like, ahh F it we will be fine just open/close our self... but looking back, it would have been a nice feature

2010BlkGraniteNox

Reaction score
haha, I'm right there with ya.. when we first started to price them.. we were like, ahh F it we will be fine just open/close our self... but looking back, it would have been a nice feature

I'm not going to lie I was the same way......but found one I couldnt pass up, and I luv having the liftgate, it is very handy imo

2010BlkGraniteNox

Reaction score
From this afternoon...Not going to go out and just say MPG increase yet, but these are some numbers I'm currently looking at for MPG on the DIC. I'll have to plan an extended trip sometime to get a good figure later down the road...but most I4's have mentioned floating around 28-29 when doing 70-75mph. I certainly do not "atm" think its better than the I4, but I do believe GM was lazy with the tuning of this engine (too much focus on the 2.4) and even more potential is available, this is just timing adjustments

2010BlkGraniteNox

Reaction score
You are making me want to watch my instantanious fuel mileage when I am on a trip....

I would definitely like to hear any results you have...last weekend I was in Venice Beach, and most of it is hwy across FL, speeds are in the 55-65 range, and I usually travel 5mph over, I averaged (reset the DIC) 21.7, most of the time @ 65-70 I was getting just over the average, 22-24mpg. Now I'm getting easily 10-20% higher mpg since re-tune and airbox. But I'm not going to make too many claims yet :)...Trying to get some information to compare

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
I would definitely like to hear any results you have...last weekend I was in Venice Beach, and most of it is hwy across FL, speeds are in the 55-65 range, and I usually travel 5mph over, I averaged (reset the DIC) 21.7, most of the time @ 65-70 I was getting just over the average, 22-24mpg. Now I'm getting easily 10-20% higher mpg since re-tune and airbox. But I'm not going to make too many claims yet :)...Trying to get some information to compare

I mean I am a little heavier on the gas pedal compared to my wife. I don't think that I have seen less than 24-25 on the highway and I usually roll at 75-80... We don't do a lot of city driving.

2010BlkGraniteNox

Reaction score
I mean I am a little heavier on the gas pedal compared to my wife. I don't think that I have seen less than 24-25 on the highway and I usually roll at 75-80... We don't do a lot of city driving.

I have to use cruise control.....my shoes always have lead bottoms....comes from playing on the track too much imo :) (open racing in scca events and at other tracks)...Oh do I miss that, but I got a ticket as I wasnt paying attention driving home, my ability to drive keeps me employed (area rep for bridgestone), so I had to make a change (our insurance looks at all tickets, explaining that one was interesting even though its not in company car)...So I picked up a new sea doo (my speed fix), and then the Nox :) The nox struggles at high speeds (so its noticeable), my previous car wouldnt sweat until way too fast, even in 5th gear it would easily climb up if you didnt watch it

Last edited:

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
I have to use cruise control.....my shoes always have lead bottoms....comes from playing on the track too much imo :) (open racing in scca events and at other tracks)...Oh do I miss that, but I got a ticket as I wasnt paying attention driving home, my ability to drive keeps me employed (area rep for bridgestone), so I had to make a change (our insurance looks at all tickets, esplaining that one was interesting even though its not in company car)..I picked up a new sea doo (my speed fix), and then the Nox :) The nox struggles at high speeds (so its noticeable), my previous car wouldnt sweat until way too fast, even in 5th gear it would easily climb up if you didnt watch it

Yeah um I got 2 tickets last month. :confused: One in my truck and one in the Nox....

And at the Dealer last week as I picked up my truck and was walking away the guy at the counter told me to try and keep it under 120... :D

I have a CDL and I can relate to you about driving for a living...

Members online