Radios with navigation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

InkyDoggy

Reaction score
I purchased a 2019 Premier model and it does not have the navigation built into the radio. I was wanting to find out if a radio for these can be purchased second hand out of another Equinox at a junk yard and be installed into my car. Will it work in my car without anything else other then switching it out with one that has the navigation in it or does it need to be programmed to the car in order for it to function?

SteveK

Reaction score
That is odd, I have the same vehicle and it has NAV.
Have you tried Android Auto from your cell phone

ohyeahjay

Reaction score
I have had two factory stereo replacement/upgrades and both required "unlocked" or VIN matched I think they called it. I thought premier had the upgraded/bigger 8" radio and maybe its there, just needs to be activated/programmed from the dealer? A quick call to your dealer might answer that question.

InkyDoggy

Reaction score
I seen a place online that sells a brand new radio unit that you install behind the glove box then after it is installed you get an SD card with the programming software on it that you put into your SD card slot and it automatically programs the new radio to match the cars VIN. The SD card comes with the new radio unit.

InkyDoggy

Reaction score
That is odd, I have the same vehicle and it has NAV.
Have you tried Android Auto from your cell phone
I have been using my phone now as GPS with my last Chevy and now with this new car. I use the APP called WAZE with it as it is much better then google maps. Not odd for these cars to no have navigation as some options are not included with all the Premiers. Mine does not have the 360 degree camera or a sun roof either.

Last edited:

SteveK

Reaction score
I have been using my phone now as GPS with my last Chevy and now with this new car. I use the APP called WASE with it as it is much better then google maps. Not odd for these cars to no have navigation as some options are not included with all the Premiers. Mine does not have the 360 degree camera or a sun roof either.

You are correct, there are several trim packages and options in addition. I did not think that NAV and sunroof would be an option on the premier.

Members online