airbag wiring issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hauk1ter

Reaction score
Hello,
I have a 2019 Equinox that was in a minor accident, I replaced the airbags and had the airbag computer reflashed.
I now have a short to ground on the drivers roof rail airbag.
I did replace it, but this was not the side of the accident so only replaced it as it deployed for the right front hit.
when I disconnect the airbag connector, and disconnect the airbag computer connector, I test the two wires from the airbag connector and the violet orange wire shows continuity to ground when I meter from the wire to the door stricker.

I have the airbag connector taken apart to there is no shunting to ground.... and the airbag computer connector does not shunt to ground although I see earlier years did have shunting connectors....but this year does not. I went to a junk yard and cut out two of these connectors, when I connect the junk yard connector to the computer with all the wires separated I get an open circuit on my scan tool, also when I put a 2.2 ohm resistor on the airbag computer I get a good reading on my scan tool, but when I hook everything up except the airbag and I put the same 2.2 ohm resistor where the airbag should be, I get short to ground. I do not want to start cutting and replacing wires if I am missing something, so I am coming here for some friendly help if you have any ideas

Members online

No members online now.