Just got my 1st Chevy Equinox

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Discovery

Reaction score
Hello everybody, new member here of course, and new to the Chevy Equinox as well!

I just got a 2012 Equinox LS with around 90,000 miles on it, clean title, no accidents or anything, and seems pretty decent so far. I'm planning on a little road trip though very soon (nothing real major, just a couple hundred miles at the most), and just wanted to know what some recommendations would be for some pre-trip maintenance, like fluid checks/changes, etc.

Thank you so much!

bagbyjw

Reaction score
I would definitely check the oil and change if necessary. Another suggestion would be to carry extra oil and coolant just in case. I just purchased my first Equinox a 2022 LS with 24K at the end of January and I do keep extra oil and coolant as a just in case situation

sdhow

Reaction score
If your transmission fluid has no record of being changed, do so. This is pretty straightforward and there are several YouTube videos out there on how to do it. Use Dextron VI; Valvoline Max synthetic is available at Walmart for under $35.

Members online

No members online now.