2012 equinox 2.4 lt non running

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

theskyisoutthere

Reaction score
I bought a 2012 equinox LT, from a local guy for parts. Already swapped the few bits I needed (better plastic trims than mine) and gave up on the touch screen radio swap. I am trying to keep the wheels as I bought it to get the tires for mine.

So I have the whole car complete for parts or whole. Has clean title 186k+ miles.

Engine turns but nothing happens. Person had it before me said they shut it off one day and it never started again. They had a mechanic friend look at the cams nothing is loose they said and it turns over on starter.

I checked and with valve cover off had a a look while cranking it seems like nothing is loose and seems in place like it should. Timing chain seems tight and it makes me suspicious that they may have tried to retire it and it's way off but not where it hits.

I mainly bought this for parts. I wanted tires and wheels, radio and a few bits of trim.

i gave up on radio swap. It's still in csr as seen in photo. It's a touch screen non nav unit. Seats are in decent shape but need cleaned.

There is corrosion on rocker inside the rear passenger door, and rear drivers door areas. Missing front passenger outside door handle ( was missing when I got it).

I am not able to test transmission, previous owner said it worked when the engine messed up.

I would prefer to sell whole car for 800 with out wheels picked up in Oakland MD. (Bring some wheels). I may be open to selling parts.

It's currently sitting with wheels on it that I want to keep so it can be moves easily.

Members online