Upgrade 2010 Equinox LT radio with Apple Carplay, navigation, and backup camera

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cjckb

Reaction score
I'm new to the forum and joined because I just bought a 2010 Equinox LT 2.4L. I'm wanting to upgrade the radio to be able to do Apple Carplay, navigation, and install a backup camera. I've found some touchscreen radios but they are looking too good to be true (picture attached). I've talked with an installer and he recommended a small touchscreen to be installed in a small storage space below the radio and AC controls that's kind of behind the shifter. I'm not in love with that idea and would much rather have something higher up on the dash. My Equinox has the glove box on top of the dash above the radio so it is not one of the models that has a screen w/ navigation already. Has anyone tried using one of these (seemingly) cheap foreign touch screen radios like in the picture? Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks.equinox radio.PNG

Jkb242

Reaction score
The ad says Android not Apple. I would be very cautious regarding the “mods” already suggested by the seller even before ordering. These aftermarket replacements aren’t cheap, retrofitting means you are on your own and the map version supplied might be old leaving an update with potential issues and additional. Even if you only plan to use Apple play fir GPS (MAPS APP) there could be issues you can’t know about with Apple Play as these are licensed versions and someone is paying for the rights to use. Get a used OEM unit and remember there are additional sound components in the OEM package that enhance listening.Be careful, this is not a project for a DIY UNLESS you are thoroughly familiar with this particular package. If you are considering an on line purchase protect yourself by describing to the seller the presumed expectations of the package.

cjckb

Reaction score
Thank you for the good tips. Since posting this I’ve found another retailer that actually shows my exact configuration.4B167BC4-F0DB-4819-8FF1-0F0F82772BDF.jpeg

Members online

No members online now.