2024 Equinox LT - eliminate auto start/stop function

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ajaj8888

Reaction score
I have a new 2024 Equinox LT and wish to eliminate the start/stop function. I see that earlier models up to 2023 have a cable that replaces factory wiring to accomplish this, but I have not been able to find something similar which will do the same for my 2024 model. Anyone know of a product that will do this?

Thanks, aja8888

ajaj8888

Reaction score
I h
I have the same question.
I have a feeling nothing is out there yet and I don't think the cable used in the earlier models will work on the 2024 Equinox since the OE cable configuration appears to be different.

davem

Reaction score
I have a new 2024 Equinox LT and wish to eliminate the start/stop function. I see that earlier models up to 2023 have a cable that replaces factory wiring to accomplish this, but I have not been able to find something similar which will do the same for my 2024 model. Anyone know of a product that will do this?

Thanks, aja8888
I own a 2022 Chevy Equinox Premier. At the time, this cable was $26, it is now $16.99. Although the description does not mention model year 2024, I would message the seller to confirm it's compatibility. Worked perfectly with my 2022, no problems or errors after installation.

Check out this Amazon link:
Amazon - Chevrolet Auto Start Stop Eliminator

Good luck.

Dave

ajaj8888

Reaction score
I own a 2022 Chevy Equinox Premier. At the time, this cable was $26, it is now $16.99. Although the description does not mention model year 2024, I would message the seller to confirm it's compatibility. Worked perfectly with my 2022, no problems or errors after installation.

Good luck.

Dave
I just heard back from the seller and he said it will work on a 2024 Equinox. So I went ahead and ordered one. I will report back once I install and test it.

Last edited:

airems

Reaction score

Good luck.

Dave
I can comfirm that this Amazon item works on my 2024 Equinox RS. The light on the button on the dash stays on, but it does not auto start stop. Acts like the button was pushed. No check engine light and remote start still functions.

ajaj8888

Reaction score
Installed the link connector today and confirmed it worked fine in my 2024 Equinox.

airems

Reaction score
So after installing the Amazon start stop delete pigtail I've notice that the green light on the dash that looks like a vehicle is on, not when no other vehicle is in front of me, but it seems like it's on more. Is it that I never noticed it before and now I do. I've only have the 2024 for 2 1/2 weeks. I think it's my imagination. Opinions?

Last edited:

ajaj8888

Reaction score
I think it's your imagination. Plus, you can set the distance between your car and the one in front of you that controls when that green/amber light comes on.

ajaj8888

Reaction score
I have been testing the new pigtail for several days now and the little green car works as it should. The light is on when a car is in front of me a good distance away, turns yellow when I get too close to that car, and off when nothing is in front of me. Everything works correctly with the defeat pigtail installed.

Brand-O-Matic

Reaction score
I can comfirm that this Amazon item works on my 2024 Equinox RS. The light on the button on the dash stays on, but it does not auto start stop. Acts like the button was pushed. No check engine light and remote start still functions.

My wife and I just got a 2024 LS and we both agreed the auto start/stop feature is a pain. I found out about the pigtail on this forum and ordered straight away. I just got it in the mail and installed it this morning. I haven't driven it yet, but I did confirm that the check engine light didn't come on and everything else seems normal. I did notice that the light on the button was still on so I'm so glad I found your post confirming that this is normal because it's not mentioned in the description and this can be misleading. Will see how it works when I drive it later to be sure I installed it correctly, but what an awesome and easy fix. Money well spent in my opinion.

bagbyjw

Reaction score
All I do is hit the button to turn it off while I'm waiting for my car to warm up. Saves me the $$$ and only takes 1 second to do.

CocoaJeff

Reaction score
I'm just curious.. does anyone know exactly what this part does, to disable the auto start/stop? How does it actually work?

Members online