2024 Equinox Rear View Mirror

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nicemann

Reaction score
I currently own a 2020 Equinox LT and we went to look at a 2024 LT yesterday. The outside is different but the inside is basically the same.

One thing I noticed is it no longer has an auto dimming rear view mirror. That seems like a weird feature to remove. Anyone know if it wired already so we can just buy a mirror and do a simple switch? I am not looking to run all kinds of wires to make it work.

Also they removed the garage door opener. Another weird thing to have removed.

Hey Vern!

Reaction score
My understanding is that unless you buy an equinox equipped with an auto dimming mirror, the wiring isn't there.
You may need to buy a higher trim level. If this is a 1LT maybe you should look at a 2LT.

nicemann

Reaction score
My understanding is that unless you buy an equinox equipped with an auto dimming mirror, the wiring isn't there.
You may need to buy a higher trim level. If this is a 1LT maybe you should look at a 2LT.
Thanks from what I can tell it is only on the premium trim and that's not worth the jump in price for this. I appreciate the insight.

StuBlue

Reaction score
Yup, my RS doesn't have them and no option to upgrade to it. Looks like going Premier is the only way to get it and probably not worth it.

CocoaJeff

Reaction score
I have a 2024 Premier, and I can confirm that it has the auto-dimming rear-view mirror... as well as the garage door opener. As well as a hundred other features I'm still trying to learn about. :)

I found this info from AutoTrader (https://www.autotrader.com/comparisons/2024-chevrolet-equinox-choosing-the-right-trim):

Standard equipment for the Premier includes perforated leather upholstery, memory for the driver’s seat and mirrors, an 8-inch infotainment touchscreen, an auto-dimming rearview mirror, an HD rear vision camera, a 120-volt outlet, and the Safety Alert Seat that can vibrate on the left, right, or center to indicate the direction from which a potential collision may occur.

Additional Premier features include a heated steering wheel, fog lamps, exterior chrome trim, 18-inch machined-faced wheels, a universal garage door opener, a wireless charging pad, and a hands-free power liftgate.

Additional upgrades come in a few packages, including navigation, an automatic parking assistant, Bose audio, a 360-degree camera, adaptive cruise control, ventilated front seats, heated rear seats, and a power passenger seat.

Members online

No members online now.