2024 Equinox AWD Vibration at 35mph

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Billh

Reaction score
You’re correct it is way underpowered. 1.4 L is only about 96 cubic inches so they Turbo it, but it’s still underpowered! My MC has a more powerful engine. Mine is a lease so I’m stuck with it for a while. The weather is breaking so I’ll drive my 2007 Mustang when the weather is good and no snow or salty roads.
My 2004 Harley is 1450cc /88ci. My 2024 Equinox is 1500cc / 91ci. My previous 2016 Equinox had 2400cc / 145ci.

john165

Reaction score
Mine also has this problem as was described here. Currently 2000 miles and im confident it is the engine because I caught it doing the exact same thing during a restart that it does when the vibrations occurs. Listen to the engine when your coming to a stop when the vibration is occuring. Listen when its lugging in town. I caught it sounding the same way when the engine was calming down from a restart a couple times. The way GM programmed the shift points is amplifying whatever is wrong with the engine. I read somewhere that the transmission was reused from the 22 model.

Forgot to add 24 Equinox 1.5 AWD model.

Last edited:

SONNY88

Reaction score
Does the AWD system have to reach a certain RPM or MPH to engage ? Maybe during the transition to engage, there is some shudder.....
Wouldn't explain this for the FWD though...

waltchan

Reaction score
FWD is not affected this problem, due to a lack of AWD transfer case.

ondersma80

Reaction score
I started to notice this rumble around 1200-1300 rpm when I reached a couple hundred miles on my 2024 LT. I found it most noticeable when cruising 55 then turning into my 20 mph neighborhood. When maintaining 20 mph the transmission stays in 5 or 6 and engine hovers around 1300 rpm and I get that vibration rumble. Sounds like a subwoofer in test mode. I took it to the dealer and they ran a TCM update. After a week, rumble gone. When I repeat the previous I notice it stays in that high gear for about a half second then shifts while cruising 20 and keeps the engine more around 1600 rpm and no more rumble. Easy enough fix. I have the bulletin number on my paperwork and can grab it if needed.

Last edited:

ondersma80

Reaction score
23NA129 is the bulletin on my service order. I see in this discussion another member listed the same bulletin but it didn't fix it. I'm guessing the tech's just refused to run the update, it wasn't available, or that car's vin wasn't listed. GM does that and it sucks. Worked for me.

Macwho

Reaction score
Thanks I’ll see what they’ll do? I’ll reply back to this post with the results.

Members online

No members online now.