2023 AWD When Dinghy Towing: Front Tires Skid During Tight Turns?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cenerus

Reaction score
It looks like GM has a solution about to come out. Here’s the document number of a draft owner’s manual update 6003321.

The solution is to disconnect the negative battery cable after all the other steps are completed before flat towing. This is what folks with Chevy Colorado trucks have to do, so it’s not unusual. Be aware that your brake assist may not work anymore as well as your charge line. So some rewiring may be necessary to make this work satisfactorily.

NXR71

Reaction score
Apparently GM has a draft of the procedure change for the 2023 Equinox and it can be found here: https://www.irv2.com/forums/f85/202...eaf-onramp-offramp-611553-15.html#post6626234

It says to disconnect the battery BUT it also says that the AWD 2023 Equniox can no longer be flat towed.

It's a pretty low-res pic. I had to point my camera at the picture and zoom in with the camera to read it at all.

Those of you with a 2023 AWD Equinox who already towed with the battery disconnected based on a dealer or GM communications had better save your documentation, or create it from memory, or you could have warranty problems in the future.

Let the lawsuits begin. :(

Cenerus

Reaction score
Apparently GM has a draft of the procedure change for the 2023 Equinox and it can be found here: https://www.irv2.com/forums/f85/202...eaf-onramp-offramp-611553-15.html#post6626234

It says to disconnect the battery BUT it also says that the AWD 2023 Equniox can no longer be flat towed.

It's a pretty low-res pic. I had to point my camera at the picture and zoom in with the camera to read it at all.

Those of you with a 2023 AWD Equinox who already towed with the battery disconnected based on a dealer or GM communications had better save your documentation, or create it from memory, or you could have warranty problems in the future.

Let the lawsuits begin. :(
The image is pretty high Rez, but I found that I had to save the picture then view it on my computer. What's in the forum there is a thumbnail. Here it is big.
Screenshot 2023-10-04 at 4.37.10 PM.png

NXR71

Reaction score
Haha, very nice! In fact, I just did the exactly same thing and I was about to post it but you beat me to it.

I'm kind of glad I have a 2020 AWD Equinox 2.0L...

Cenerus

Reaction score
You are very lucky to not have to deal with this hassle. GM and our Chevy dealership have been horrible to deal with. I’ve been a loyal GM owner for years, but no more. This will be my last GM vehicle. They just don’t stand behind their product anymore.

Members online