2019 Equinox CarPlay will not recognize any attached phone

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jmknapp80

Reaction score
Hello

My wife has a 2019 Equinox and when we plug in a capable iPhone 13 and 15, it charges fine, but is not recognized by the infotainment system. The CarPlay icon is greyed out and we troubleshot every which way to get it to connect, but it won’t. The cable is new, the phones are new, so I’ve been banging my head on this for a while.

I thought maybe I needed to replace the usb module, but that didn’t fix anything. I noticed on the back of the usb module is a typical micro usb hub for the connection. Before I tear out the stereo module to check the wiring, is there anything else I can check? Is there a usb cable that connects the usb module to the back of the stereo?

Thank You,
Jason

StuBlue

Reaction score

criticalviews

Reaction score
This happened to me in my Camaro. I disconnected the battery for an hour then connected it back and it finally started to recognize my iPhone again.

SteveK

Reaction score
You did not say if you installed the car app on the phone first

criticalviews

Reaction score
CarPlay is on by default. Sometimes you may have to go to settings>General>Carplay and select the car that appears and customize what apps you want use. Otherwise the steps you quoted: “Make sure Siri is turned on and check to make sure CarPlay isn't restricted in Content & Privacy Restrictions” should be reviewed just in case settings had been changed from factory settings. Since it doesn’t read any iPhone this is isolated to the Equinox.

Members online

No members online now.