2019 1.5L Turbo Transmission Shifting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EppyGA

Reaction score
I drained, flushed and changed the transmission fluid today using this video as a guide.

Everything went well. Made a run to the store and on the 2nd to 3rd shift RPM's go up before the shift happens. I plan on checking the level again. Not sure if this is an indication of too little or too much fluid. Before I buttoned it up I had a little fluid dribbling out of the check plug hole. I have a 2019 with the 1.5L turbo engine. Thanks in advance for any advise.

EppyGA

Reaction score
The video I posted is well done and details a very thorough process to drain, flush and refill. A couple of things I would add. I found I could easily access the fill plug by unclipping the computer module and swinging it out of the way temporarily and then putting it back. There are two clips at the top of the module that hold it in place. I also found a jiffy-tite tool on Amazon that was small and worked to get the cooler line loose. I did not need to open the clamp that holds to two lines together to get the line loose and out of the way. I did not spend the money to buy his Amsoil fluid.

EppyGA

Reaction score
One more tip. You can access the level check plug by turning the wheels all the way to the right.

Members online

No members online now.