2011 equinox stalling issues?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kansas Terrain

Reaction score
eco mode is a joke

I think this eco thing is a great feature to put in a brochure, but not helping mileage much and leads to rough idle or for some stalling. With eco on only getting 23 mpg hwy not even close to 32 rated. This is on flat interstate at 68 mph. In reading other's comments, seems like a class action lawsuit against GM for false advertising. I wouldn't have purchased if I knew I was only going to get 23 mpg as my Saturn Astra was getting 27 mpg.

thecolty

Reaction score
Stalling issue fixed?

Got my 2011 Equinox back. Technician at Chevy found an error code P0011. Traced to malfunctioning intake cam actuator. They replaced it; 12628347:Valve (00736-bPCKT). Looks like they drove it 17 miles over last night and first thing this morning. Heres to hoping this took care of it. I will post again if it fails.

Customer service at Chevy was very good. Made the whole situation easier to deal with.

2010BlkGraniteNox

Reaction score
Wow. My v6 gets better average mileage.

So far I'm wondering.....The issue comes down to speed we cruise at! My V6 doesnt get better mpg's, but @ cruise doing 70-75 I get near identical results.

I4 Nox- after a 1k mile trip to get "used" to me (reset the ECM before once all the PA (car is from Philly area) was out of the tank so the ECM.

I drive 95% on the freeway...I have been babying it to see the mpg's

24.06mpg (75mph)
25.19mpg (cruise @ 73 in 70mph zones and 69 in 65mph zones)

Overall I do like the I4 Nox. The gearing is what makes the car driveable around town....What I dont like is when you need to get up and move, getting on the interstate, this is where the I4 really struggles imho. Driving the V6 and I4 is night and day difference though

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
Got my 2011 Equinox back. Technician at Chevy found an error code P0011. Traced to malfunctioning intake cam actuator. They replaced it; 12628347:Valve (00736-bPCKT). Looks like they drove it 17 miles over last night and first thing this morning. Heres to hoping this took care of it. I will post again if it fails.

Customer service at Chevy was very good. Made the whole situation easier to deal with.

Awesome. Thanks for the update!

godrdop9

Reaction score
Got my Nox back;pretty much done with it. Both rear window motors were bad,center console doesn't open,and the front doors inserts are scratched up. Talked to a rep at GM, we will see what happens. The final straw was the Aveo they gave me to use. 6"5 260+ Aveo=AAARGH.lol

nursebeth03

Reaction score
Hi - can you give a detailed description of when her Equinox stalls? I have a similar problem althoguh its only been at low speeds when I have the turning hard over to the left or right (usually when I am trying to fit into a tight parking spot). The engine shuts off completely and the wheel locks up. I have to put the car in park, turn the key to off and turn it back on to get any control back.

I have 3000 miles on the car and it has happened 9 or 10 times since I bought it mid-december. I have had it to two different dealerships for a total of 8 days and nobody can repeat the issue. In fact, it came back with more issues like the navigation/radio screen freezing on the spinning Chevy logo that is supposed to show only on start up. The music will still play but it keeps starting this graphic over and over and skips the audio a bit. This is totally intermittent but happens about 70% of the time since I got it back from the 2nd visit with the dealer. It now also has problems connecting my phone and will drop the audio with a voice that comes on and says 'Calls cannot be made through your bluetooth device at this time " or something like that.

I am soooo frustrated they cannot find anything and there are no GM Bulletins about this. If anyone else is having this issue please let me know so we can get this fixed immediately!!!

Hi!

I purchased my 2011 FWD 4cyl. April 14, 2011. Last week I turned hard and the car shut off! I was able to turn the key and then restart right away. It has 1500 miles. I also noticed this week it starts loudly... Of course no codes and therefore, nothing to fix! Very frustrating! Mine does hesitate at times, but that seems to be the norm for this vehicle... I'll keep you posted!

sumr616

Reaction score
Hi!

I purchased my 2011 FWD 4cyl. April 14, 2011. Last week I turned hard and the car shut off! I was able to turn the key and then restart right away. It has 1500 miles. I also noticed this week it starts loudly... Of course no codes and therefore, nothing to fix! Very frustrating! Mine does hesitate at times, but that seems to be the norm for this vehicle... I'll keep you posted!

You and I are in the same boat. I bought my '11 FWD 4 cyl on March 31st. My car stalled once in a parking lot (at a speed of about 10 mph) a few weeks ago, and now in the last week it has started making a very loud noise on startup that lasts only about 2-3 seconds, then the engine sounds normal. I've also noticed that my average mpg has gone down by about 4- I was getting about 23 city, and now getting about 18. If this sounds like your issue, you should look at this forum. (http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f53/2011-equinox-cold-start-engine-noise-102947/) GM released a bulletin #PIP4716A, discussing this issue. At this forum, a guy posted a short video of him starting his car, and you can hear this noise. It sounds exactly like mine does. What I've been told on another forum is that you should try your best to get an audio/video recording of this noise, you can use it to show the mechanic, and if worse comes to worst, you can use it to work your case as a lemon, if that ends up being the case. I managed to catch it on my Iphone as a video recording today.

My car was in the shop last week for 4 days, they could duplicate the noise once, but not again, and had no idea where to start to look for the problem. I am taking it back into the dealer first thing Monday morning, showing them the sound clip on my phone, and taking a print out of the bulletin. I recommend you do the same when you can.

Good luck! And keep everyone here posted so that others can find a solution as well! My dealer told me there were no bulletins on this issue, and well, there IS a bulletin about it.

thecolty

Reaction score
Not again!!

Just took my Nox back to the dealer, it died on me this morning. Yesterday it started to idle heavily at the EXACT same place as it stalled on me last month.

I don't want the Nox anymore...:flipthebird:

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
Just took my Nox back to the dealer, it died on me this morning. Yesterday it started to idle heavily at the EXACT same place as it stalled on me last month.

I don't want the Nox anymore...:flipthebird:

That sucks yo... Well at any rate let me know what ends up happening with this.

Z_Ghost

Super Mod
Reaction score
Wonder what is going on, not having to stalling problem but getting a lot of rattle on start up every now and then.

2010BlkGraniteNox

Reaction score
Wonder what is going on, not having to stalling problem but getting a lot of rattle on start up every now and then.

Their is a TB out for this issue....Take it to the dealer and talk with them about it. Has to do with debris from build-up clogging the cam phaser actuators...Most are fixed just with some flushing of the engine oil a few times

Members online