2011 equinox 3.0 engine problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dwebster432

Reaction score
My wife's 2011 equinox with the 3.0 engine has been giving us issues. The car would start little rough then run fine, however the problem got worst. We have done an oil change tune up brand-new mass airflow sensor checked all cam silonoeds had treatments run through it from dealership . When you clear the codes it runs fine on next start, but then each start after that it has same issues....please help

dwebster432

Reaction score
P0300 dealership said cylinder 3 is not working it's getting blowby. It's also getting a rich fuel code. Like I said before of you run it for a bit the engine runs fine

Hey Vern!

Reaction score
Here's some info on the code:

The rich fuel code comes because it misses and pumps the raw fuel into your exhaust. I wouldn't continue driving it, because it may ruin your converter.
pull the plugs and see if they are rich mixture fouled. It might be your injectors.
VTbgW.jpg

Linksmom56

Reaction score
My wife's 2011 equinox with the 3.0 engine has been giving us issues. The car would start little rough then run fine, however the problem got worst. We have done an oil change tune up brand-new mass airflow sensor checked all cam silonoeds had treatments run through it from dealership . When you clear the codes it runs fine on next start, but then each start after that it has same issues....please help
There was a recall to replace something on the engine. Were you able to get it? My 2011 burns oil like crazy but I bought my car used and was ineligible to get the recall because of miles. My check engine light stays on and it burns about a quart of oil a week.

Members online