Hvac problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Baddglide

Reaction score
I have a 2014 equinox lt with the 2.4 flex engine .I’ve been having a/c problems all summer would turn it on the a/c light on the knob lights up the compressor is turning low side pressure and high side pressure are almost the same @ 76 psi no cold air . When I first started looking into not having cold air I found that I had a condenser leak. Replaced the condenser/drier also replaced the expansion valve now I have the present problem still no cold air . Hooked up my snap on scanner and found that the windshield temp/ humidity sensor was showing 32deg and 0 humiditywhile outside temp was 95 and evap temp was 105. Also the rpo code is c67 which should be the manual hvac . But when looking for wiring diagrams on Mitchell pro demand it shows the manual hvac doesn’t have the windshield temp sensor only the auto hvac does? So after replacing the sensor of still reads 32 deg f and 0% humidity. Checked the ref voltage to the sensor had 5v .Removed the radio/heater control panel and was able to see the hvac control module and it has part# 13591308 which is for the manual hvac . I have checked wiring from the module To the sensor and didn’t find any problems. So I am confused the build tag says it was born with the manual hvac but it has some of the sensors for automatic hvac . On a side note went to my local salvage yard today and found an equinox with the same control panel with the windshield temp sensor in it and I removed the hvac control module from it to try in my car it has part # 13591309 . With that one plugged in I can see windshield temp and humidity now witch agree with current temps in the car and outside temps as well but not all of my dash panel buttons work but the ac seems to be putting out cold air with it . Pretty shure my original module is bad but I’m not having any luck finding a new replacement module with the 1308 number on it all the ones I find are the 1309 which I am thinking are for the auto version not sure if it will interchange or not maybe with some programming it might . Has anyone had trouble identifying what is what when it comes to manual versus automatic ? Because the compressor pressure valve isn’t closing to allow Freon to make the trip . Still confused ready to take this car for a long drive down a short road!!!

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.