2024 Equinox RS Heat concertn

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

airems

Reaction score
I live in NE AZ and we have winters. Cold temps and snow. I don't feel as if the heater is blowing at the temp it is set at. I've had to push it to 80 degrees to maintain a warm interior. Anyone else have this concern?

Hey Vern!

Reaction score
My '18 is warm when set to 72 degrees, but I have heard people with a similar issue. Did you check the coolant level?

ricklack

Reaction score
My 22 RS has a similar issue. The colder it is outside, the higher I have to crank up the temp. Of course the dealer doesn't see the issue as it is never cold enough when I take it there, and if it was, they wouldn't be on the highway like I am.

It's warm enough so I just live with it. I did purchase a lower grill cover which is meant to help keep the turbo intercooler warm. If your car has a block heater (unlikely in AZ) it would have a cover in the glove box or on top of the spare tire. You only use it when the temp is below freezing.

This winter my car was in the body shop, so I didn't get to test to see if it would help. Guess I will see next winter.

Members online

No members online now.