Heated seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jingles15

Reaction score
HI guys, new here Purchased a 2024 Equinox RS last week. Really like it. However the heated seats hardly warm up, and is barely noticeable. This is both front seats, while set on high. The seats are leather, but again the seats do not heat up properly in my opinion. I also have a 2020 a Santa FE, and those seats are noticeably warmer. Am I missing something? Anyone else having a similar problem? Thanks for any help

ricklack

Reaction score
My 22 RS leather seats heat up fine, maybe not as hot as my 2013 seats. One thing I noticed is that after about 30 minutes, the temp moves for high to medium. That is usually good enough, but sometimes I put it back on high.

I am driving a Ford Edge rental while my Nox is in the shop and will say the Edge seats are hotter as well. I do have to turn them to medium after a bit.

Back to your issue- I would say that my 22 seats are certainly noticeable, even on medium. Perhaps there is something the dealer can do about the issue? I had to wait for the chip for my heated seats back in 22, maybe the chip controls the amount of heat they put out? A new chip might help the issue? I wouldn't think 2 seats would both be defective.

Jingles15

Reaction score
My 22 RS leather seats heat up fine, maybe not as hot as my 2013 seats. One thing I noticed is that after about 30 minutes, the temp moves for high to medium. That is usually good enough, but sometimes I put it back on high.

I am driving a Ford Edge rental while my Nox is in the shop and will say the Edge seats are hotter as well. I do have to turn them to medium after a bit.

Back to your issue- I would say that my 22 seats are certainly noticeable, even on medium. Perhaps there is something the dealer can do about the issue? I had to wait for the chip for my heated seats back in 22, maybe the chip controls the amount of heat they put out? A new chip might help the issue? I wouldn't think 2 seats would both be defective.
Thanks for the response I will check out your suggestions Appreciate it

Members online