2011 LTZ Heated Seat, Driver Mirror, Fog Lamp Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PandorasJuiceBox

Reaction score
Just bought this vehicle last week. When setting up my vehicle preferences I noticed that if the driver side mirror is moved for any reason, i.e. reverse assist, it will return to some other pre-set position, not the position I set in memory or even the pre-reverse position.

Also, I have set the vehicle settings so the heated seats are supposed to come on when the remote start is activated and they do not.

Finally, and this might not even be how the fog lights are supposed to work, the fog lights will reset to the off position whenever I turn the car off and back on. Is that supposed to happen?

According to the dealer the PCM was replaced by the previous owner but aren't the above things controlled by the BCM?

My backup camera also doesn't work but I'm chalking that up to a bad camera. The vehicle was in a minor accident in the rear and I found some wires that were cut and spliced. I cut out the splices and soldiered them to make sure of a good connection. The two fuses are good.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Hey Vern!

Reaction score
If you have a premier, the mirror settings work with the seat presets on the drivers door.
The heated seats in mine come on if it is below a certain temperature.
Yes, when you turn the car off, it turns the fog lights off.

PandorasJuiceBox

Reaction score
If you have a premier, the mirror settings work with the seat presets on the drivers door.
The heated seats in mine come on if it is below a certain temperature.
Yes, when you turn the car off, it turns the fog lights off.
It is not a Premier, those didn't come out until the 2017 MY and my memory seat switches are on the seat itself as well. From more searching I found that others noted the heated seats don't get as hot when using remote start compared to when you press the button so maybe my seats are working as intended, just differently than other vehicles I have owned.

Thanks for the reply.

Hey Vern!

Reaction score
It is not a Premier, those didn't come out until the 2017 MY and my memory seat switches are on the seat itself as well. From more searching I found that others noted the heated seats don't get as hot when using remote start compared to when you press the button so maybe my seats are working as intended, just differently than other vehicles I have owned.

Thanks for the reply.
hey, sorry I didn't read that you put the year and that it was an LTZ. That's what I get for rushing. I swear that over 50 me only pays attention half the time. Good luck!

PandorasJuiceBox

Reaction score
hey, sorry I didn't read that you put the year and that it was an LTZ. That's what I get for rushing. I swear that over 50 me only pays attention half the time. Good luck!
No worries. I could have worded it better so as not to come across like a jerk.

Members online