2022 heating doesn’t seem accurate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AmmoJoe

Reaction score
I have 2 Equinox, 2019 and 2022. 2019 the heating has been consistent with no issues. Both vehicles have the dual zone climate control with the digital temperature adjustments.
I keep the 2019 at 74° and I’m usually comfortable at this temperature.

The 2022 I put on 74° and it’s blowing cold air at me, in February, in the north east. Temperature has been in the 30s and it seem like if I turn it up slightly it doesn’t make the fix. I have to boost it up to probably 78-80°. At High temp it blows hot which is fine but I’m wondering if the HVAC system is going.

Anybody else having this issue?

ricklack

Reaction score
My 22 RS is similar. Up here we use Centigrade - I usually keep it at 20-22 but as it gets colder I find I have to turn it up to 26-28 so keep from freezing. I purchased a lower grill cover which is supposed to help and also prevent turbo intercooler freezing. You install it when the temps are below freezing.

I haven't had chance to try it as mine is in the body shop for minor damage and having delay after delay.

I will say that on the 2 rental cars I've had, a 21 Tiguan and 23 Edge- there is no issue. In the VW i kept the heat at 20 or 21, in the Edge 19.5 and am comfy.

AmmoJoe

Reaction score
I think that there might be something wrong with the hvac system. I think that if the thermostat was bad I would get no heat at all no matter the temp setting

Randall1

Reaction score
I have 2 Equinox, 2019 and 2022. 2019 the heating has been consistent with no issues. Both vehicles have the dual zone climate control with the digital temperature adjustments.
I keep the 2019 at 74° and I’m usually comfortable at this temperature.

The 2022 I put on 74° and it’s blowing cold air at me, in February, in the north east. Temperature has been in the 30s and it seem like if I turn it up slightly it doesn’t make the fix. I have to boost it up to probably 78-80°. At High temp it blows hot which is fine but I’m wondering if the HVAC system is going.

Anybody else having this issue?
I had the 19 and now have the 22. They both work just like you are saying! I turn it up to 80 to get the heat quick then turn it down to say 72. Since I live in Florida that's just for a month now and then.

AmmoJoe

Reaction score
I had the 19 and now have the 22. They both work just like you are saying! I turn it up to 80 to get the heat quick then turn it down to say 72. Since I live in Florida that's just for a month now and then.
If both your cars are doing that I think it has to do with the climate you live in. It’s weird that both of my cars are not the same and I’d probably be ok with it if they were

Members online