2010 Intermittent Front End Wobble

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Miked

Reaction score
So just in the past month (it’s only happened 2 times on a daily driver) the front end starts to shake and it feels like a flat tire. No check engine light no lights on dash at all , no smell , no smoke . If I let the truck sit for an hour or more it is completely fine and drives like a dream. I am completely out of ideas. I changed all the plugs and the oil that’s it.Brand new tires less than 6 months ago, and just had them rotated after I changed the oil . It only happens randomly, and only has happened twice in the last 30 days , but when it happens it’s frightening to say the least . It starts very lightly, almost like you don’t know if anything’s wrong then gets pretty violent to the point of having to pull over. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated. Long time lurker first time poster.
Thanks ,
Mike D

corvairbob

Reaction score
check for tire balance that is rare indeed but most of the time that is balance. do you have an idea what side seems to be doing that? have the tire check. i had one one time that did that and it had something in the tire that was moving and the tire would go out of balance at a stop and then the next stop it was ok. i took the tire off the rim and found gobs of rubber balls form the tire inside and when i took those out that issue went away. also if you have an idea of the side double check the ball joint by grabbing the tire top and bottom and see if you can move in and out. and side to side for the tie rod wear. those can also cause your issue but rare as well. outside of that with out having it in my presence i can't think of more to check. maybe other have more ideas. good luck let us know what you find out

Members online

No members online now.