2023 Equinox front end knocking on bumps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JFCLOUD

Reaction score
I purchased a new 2023 Equinox, and the first time I drove it home, it made a loud knocking sound on the rocks on my dirt road. sounds like metal on metal knocks. I asked the dealer about it, and they had no idea about what it might be.

StuBlue

Reaction score
just when you hit bumps? maybe there's something loose up front. pop open the hood and give things a shimmy to see.

JFCLOUD

Reaction score
I did do that, when I got home, but couldn't see anything. I'm hoping they can find something, when it gets it's first service. I think it needs to be up on the rack, to see the tie rods and check for missing rubber bushings.

TwoEquinoxDad

Reaction score
I purchased a new 2023 Equinox, and the first time I drove it home, it made a loud knocking sound on the rocks on my dirt road. sounds like metal on metal knocks. I asked the dealer about it, and they had no idea about what it might be.
If the knocking sound is coming from just one side, it may be a strut. Push the strut's accordion style cover upward to see if the rubber (not sure what it's called) isolator has fallen down. Check both sides.

Members online

No members online now.