No Crank, No Dash Lights but radio and blower motor work?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Landon107

Reaction score
I have a 2010 Chevy Equinox LT 2.4L. It sat for a couple weeks and went to start with no crank. Battery had never been replaced so I figured with the age and from it sitting it needed replaced so I got a brand new one. Same issue continues.

The only lights that appear on dash are an engine light and traction control light. Key sticks in ignition every time (assuming that’s cause it’s not getting power). I found the release pin so that was helpful to get key out. What’s weird is I can turn on the blower motor and change from low to high settings and have full function of the radio and can change the stations etc. But acts like it’s not getting any power according to dash lights. Ignition switch issue??

reeeng

Reaction score
Hello, I have had some things similar happen where you stick the key in and go to start it and only the accessories worked, so I started looking around as it had worked perfectly the day before.
Turns out a mouse or some other animal chewed the wiring harness going to the ABS module. It was only one broken wire too. Check the dash clusters little info screen it didn't show any information on mine.Not saying that's your issue but it sounds plausible sitting for a little while. Hope this helps.

Members online