No Crank No Start with PO615 Code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jlkinser1970

Reaction score
HELP!!!! My girlfriend has a 2011 Chevy Equinox with the 2.4. The Timing chain was starting to rattle so I changed it out. The manifold was cracked so I took it off and replaced the water pump and the manifold. Put everything back together and spun the engine a few times by hand with the crank to make sure nothing locked up. Everything was fine. Went to start the engine and I have a no crank no start situation. I put my scan tool on and got a PO615 Code. Fuses are good, the starter relay is good. I get 11 Volts at one of the relay pins and the rest read in the 2 range. Funny thing is, I pulled the cover off of the starter relay, turned the key to the run position, and pressed the contacts at the relay and bam, she starts right up. Shut it off and tried to restart with the key and nothing. Put the ignition in the start position again, manually touched the relay connectors together and she fired right up again. I have checked all of the grounds and my connections. Everything is connected and tight. I replaced the fuse box today and got the same results. This car will not start with the ignition switch unless I manually manipulate the relay. And of course my girlfriend says, it started fine before you replaced the timing chain and parts. I am LOST!!! Any ideas???
Thanks in advance!!!

SteveK

Reaction score
11 volts with starter turning maybe, but 11 at terminal of relay may too weak. Jump that terminal direct from 12v source

corvairbob

Reaction score
if like you say you press the start relay then the circuit under that relay may have busted and you can get a new one or used on or take it apart and repair it these links talk of a bac ecu the second one talks of reparin the fuse body also it may be leaning to a broken wire so try it again and just push the wire harness around by the relay and see if that helps but if just pushing the relay i would swap them and see if that helps

so maybe swap out the relay on the starter and see if that helps sometimes the go bad if that fails then try the second YT for a trouble shooting and repair

this like talks of a bad computer

this one talks of broken wires and a bad fuse master block
https://video.search.yahoo.com/sear...=d44dedd78e9d521e17517732dd109134&action=view

good luck

Members online