2021 - Front end wobble ??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rick143

Reaction score
Hey guys, Our 2021 Equinox LT has just started an intermittent brief front end wobble when cold. It happens when accelerating from a stop, Its very brief maybe a few seconds then goes away. It will not do it when warmed up. Its in the entire front end and steering wheel, Feels like the wheel is going to come off for a few seconds then its gone. It doesn't happen all the time.

Hey Vern!

Reaction score
Hey guys, Our 2021 Equinox LT has just started an intermittent brief front end wobble when cold. It happens when accelerating from a stop, Its very brief maybe a few seconds then goes away. It will not do it when warmed up. Its in the entire front end and steering wheel, Feels like the wheel is going to come off for a few seconds then its gone. It doesn't happen all the time.
Hey Rick,

Did you get anywhere with this. I wonder if it is the tires. They "flat spot" from sitting in the cold and then when warm they smooth out.

Rick143

Reaction score
Its not that, because its fine in the beginning then it just comes out of nowhere and shakes bad for about 2 or 3 seconds then its gone. This only happened a few times when it was very cold out first thing in the morning.

Hey Vern!

Reaction score
Here is a few service bulletins on a similar issue.

Attachments

• MC-10209119-0001.pdf
    503.9 KB · Views: 37
  • MC-10205551-9999.pdf
    492.8 KB · Views: 23

Rick143

Reaction score
Here is a few service bulletins on a similar issue.
Yes thanks ! That first file you posted is my issue, I have made a service appointment but have to wait about a week or so to get in. Should I print out that page and bring it with me ?

Brian-Nj

Reaction score
My 2020 does it very slightly . Gm has this problem for years with various models . I have a 10 year old Buick that did it pretty bad when i first got it . Dealer kept telling me they couldn’t find nothing despite the tech feeling the wobble in the floor . So I did research on my own found a tsb covering the issue . Told service manager he told me there were none . Printed what I found online brought it to dealer and mysteriously the next day they ordered 2 updated axle shafts . I will say in that car it got 99% better after they replaced them . As far as my 20 equinox I do feel it but very very slight .

Rick143

Reaction score
I would assume they have the service bulletin, but it wouldn't hurt to take a copy.
Dropped off my vehicle this morning and left them with that bulletin you posted. The dealer just called me after looking at the vehicle and said they are going to replace the 2 front axels ! Thanks so much for posting that, It was a Huge help !!!

Brian-Nj

Reaction score
Dropped off my vehicle this morning and left them with that bulletin you posted. The dealer just called me after looking at the vehicle and said they are going to replace the 2 front axels ! Thanks so much for posting that, It was a Huge help !!!
May I ask if they did it under warranty? If so was it the bumper to bumper? Or powertrain? I only have powertrain coverage left and don’t want to waste my time with them if they won’t help me but my 2020 lt 2.0 does this

Members online

No members online now.