Update on flat tow procedure for 2023 - 2024 Equinox - new guidance from GM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NXR71

Reaction score
Per this iRV2 post, GM just revised the flat tow procedure for the 2023 and 2024 Equinox officially. Fortunately, they WILL still allow the AWD version to be flat towed. A battery disconnect system or manually disconnecting the battery cable will still be required. The copy of the correspondence from one owner's dealer is in this post: https://www.irv2.com/forums/f85/202...eaf-onramp-offramp-611553-23.html#post6660003

Last edited:

Cmaher

Reaction score
So how confident do we feel about the new procedure? I am having trouble trusting anything GM is putting out now. :(

NXR71

Reaction score
So how confident do we feel about the new procedure? I am having trouble trusting anything GM is putting out now. :(
I have a 2020 so this is just academic to me. I can say that people with a 2023 and 2024 have said the problem is gone after disconnecting the battery. Some are using a manual switch and some are using an electronic switch with a pushbutton in the car. The trick is you still need 12 volt DC power to run your supplemental braking system, especially for the breakaway system, so people are rewiring those so it's powered directly from the car battery. That necessitates that the disconnect switch be placed on the positive battery terminal but that works.

Members online

No members online now.