2023 Equinox to be equipped with E-Boost Braking System

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Griffin

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
In case anyone is in the market for the 2023 Equinox. Good to see the added features....

The 2023 Chevy Equinox will come equipped with a new electro-hydraulic braking system.

The front and rear brakes with e-boost (RPO code JE0) will come as standard equipment on all 2023 Chevy Equinox trim levels. Exact details on the system are not yet available, but we expect it to be similar to the electro-hydraulic braking system introduced on the 2019 Cadillac XT4.

As some GM Authority readers may recall, the Cadillac XT4 was the luxury automaker’s first vehicle to feature e-assist brakes. At the time, Cadillac said the system “supplants the traditional vacuum-assisted power braking system with an electro-hydraulic system that enhances fuel economy and takes up less space under the hood.” Electro-hydraulic brakes use an electronic actuator that eliminates the need to pull vacuum from the engine/manifold, making them more efficient whilst also reducing the number of vacuum lines under the hood. A brake system like this is also future-proof, as it is capable of functioning without the engine running and can therefore be parlayed into plug-in hybrid models.

As GM Authority covered previously, the 2023 Chevy Equinox will be equipped with the new turbocharged 1.5L I4 LSD gasoline engine, which will replace the turbocharged 1.5L I4 LYX gasoline engine. The 2023MY Equinox will also see the return of the Sport Edition and Midnight Edition cosmetic packages, which were previously dropped for the 2022 model year. Production of the compact crossover is set to commence on August 22nd, 2022. Pricing will be divulged closer to its official arrival at dealerships later this year.

Looking forward, GM will introduce the new battery-electric Chevy Equinox EV for the 2024 model year, which will be similar in size and ethos to the current model, but with a battery-electric Ultium Drive motor and Ultium battery pack.

wns808

Reaction score
Nice! Wish GM/Chevy added the E-boost braking system and the newer 1.5T when the Equinox was refreshed for ‘22

ricklack

Reaction score
I'm wondering how this is different from the 2022 with adaptive cruise braking? I assumed the adaptive cruise braking was an electronic function.

Checked the manual and see this:
Electric Brake Boost
Vehicles equipped with electric brake boost
have hydraulic brake circuits that are
electronically controlled when the brake
pedal is applied during normal operation.
The system performs routine tests and turns
off within a few minutes after the vehicle is
turned off. Noise may be heard during this
time. If the brake pedal is pressed during
the tests or when the electric brake boost
system is off, a noticeable change in pedal
force and travel may be felt. This is normal.

Wondering what the difference is, or if there is any?

wns808

Reaction score
I'm wondering how this is different from the 2022 with adaptive cruise braking? I assumed the adaptive cruise braking was an electronic function.

Checked the manual and see this:
Electric Brake Boost
Vehicles equipped with electric brake boost
have hydraulic brake circuits that are
electronically controlled when the brake
pedal is applied during normal operation.
The system performs routine tests and turns
off within a few minutes after the vehicle is
turned off. Noise may be heard during this
time. If the brake pedal is pressed during
the tests or when the electric brake boost
system is off, a noticeable change in pedal
force and travel may be felt. This is normal.

Wondering what the difference is, or if there is any?
Same here. I’d also like to know if there is a noticeable difference in acceleration with the extra 5 horsepower, or if it’s about the same

Members online