Underhood tow switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

big mike

Reaction score
Hello all, I'm planning on a tow trip with a lightweight trailer and I see under my hood there is a module that is marked tow and drive. I can't find anything in my manual for my 2017 Equinox 2.4 l about using this. I'm assuming I should put it in the tow position. I've never told anything before and that switch has always been in the drive position. When I flip it onto the tow position I don't see any indicator lights on the dash. I know not to use eco mode when towing. Does anyone know what the function of this module is? I wish it was explained in the owner's manual

Attachments

• 20240318_112222.jpg
    20240318_112222.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 16

bagbyjw

Reaction score
Funny that is is a Tow/Drive switch in the engine compartment, if it was OEM you would expect the switch to be in the vehicle. Perhaps this is something someone put in. You may have to trace the wiring down to see what/where it goes to

big mike

Reaction score
Yes I'm not sure if that was aftermarket installed or not. I'm also wondering if maybe it's something to do with Towing The Equinox itself although in the manual it doesn't mention anything like that

Lee

Reaction score
Yes I'm not sure if that was aftermarket installed or not. I'm also wondering if maybe it's something to do with Towing The Equinox itself although in the manual it doesn't mention anything like that
My guess is it's for flat towing the Equinox behind a RV.

Members online