Spare wont fit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cav333

Reaction score
Got a flat on my 2019 Equinox Premier. Called AAA to change tire with spare. He could not get it installed because brake caliper prevented it. Purchased the car brand new. First time the spare was used.

TopHat

Reaction score
Do you have the standard brakes? Are they the original brakes? I've heard of that on some other vehicles that get extra large brakes. What does your dealer say?

cav333

Reaction score
They say I should have 17 inch spare. It seems I have a 16 inch. This is an Equinox Preimere. I think they have larger brakes. Waiting for a call from the service manager. This tire had to be there when I bought the car brand new.

Hey Vern!

Reaction score
Did you try it on the back wheel? I wouldn't recommend putting a temp spare on the front anyway, but i see it all the time.

cav333

Reaction score
No. Didn't try it on the back. It's supposed to be a 17 inch. It is only a 16.

Severum17

Reaction score
Speaking of spares, check your pressures, mine was down to or started with 25PSI
I have an 2018

Big Papi

Reaction score
Look at your RPO codes. Do you see

RJA- Tire Spare T135/70r16 Sl 100m Bw Spr

SJF- Wheel, spare, 16" (40.6 cm) steel

Because the 16" spare was in fact provided in cars with the 17" wheels.

Severum17

Reaction score
What are RPO codes?
Regular Production Options. I think if you go to the GM website and put in your VIN it will break down all the options and equipment on your vehicle. If you cant find it online, your dealer parts department can print out the list. Its a handy thing to have, lists all you paint codes, interior colors etc.

cav333

Reaction score
Thanks. It will be interesting to see which spare it lists.

Severum17

Reaction score
Thanks. It will be interesting to see which spare it lists.
Just found this, they used to put the list on a sticker on the car but no more. Looks to be on a QR code now.

somewhere on the vehicle- door jamb area... youll see one of those new barcode squares.

youll have to use a smartphone app to scan it- then youll get all the parts installed on your vehicle.

Members online

No members online now.