Setting the driver seat and side mirrors memory

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Saltycracker

Reaction score
2018 Chevy Equinox Premier....Setting the driver seat and side mirrors memory to driver one and two.
If you follow the owners manual to set the memory of the drivers seat and side mirrors for driver one and two be prepared for frustration. Yikes! These are the instructions.
"Before storing, adjust all available
memory feature positions. Turn the
ignition on and then press and
release SET; a beep will sound.
Then immediately press and hold 1,
2, or B (Exit) on the driver door
until two beeps sound. To manually
recall these positions, press and
hold 1, 2, or B until the saved
position is reached.
The vehicle identifies the current
driver’s RKE transmitter number"
This did not work at least on my vehicle. As soon as I pressed to hold 1 or 2 the seat would move all the way up and forward to steering wheel. So I called my dealer, Greenwood Chevrolet , and asked them if they had any ideas why the owners manual has it all wrong. About an hour later they called me with new instructions that actually worked flawlessly. Here it is:
"Before storing, adjust all available memory feature positions. Turn the
ignition on and then press and hold both the set and 1 or 2 button until it chimes twice and release. Do the same for driver 2 and for both drivers shared exit setting. Done.
:favorites13:

gpart

Reaction score
I didn't have any problems programming ours for 2 separate FOBs and seat settings. It does help if you only have one FOB in the vehicle at a time when programming.

Lee

Reaction score
As soon as I pressed to hold 1 or 2 the seat would move all the way up and forward to steering wheel.

press and hold both the set and 1 or 2 button until it chimes twice and release.

Are you saying you have to hold the set button and 1 or 2 at the same time?

I had the same problem today setting the mirrors for my wife's fob using the instructions in the manual.
I had to turn off the Auto Memory Recall in Settings while I set the mirrors. Once the mirrors were set and I got the double chime I was able to turn on Auto Memory Recall and all was fine.

I also had a hard time getting the memory feature to work when I programed the car to my fob back in September.

Members online

No members online now.