2019 Equinox Premier mirror memory

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Greyhound

Reaction score
My wife and I use the feature where you can store your individual mirror settings and I am very familiar with how to do that, but my driver side mirror seems to have developed a mind of its own. I have been able to store settings for entry and exit in the past and it remembered them with no problem. Now it’s unreliable. I have noticed that after turning the car off (after driving), when I open the door, I can watch the mirror move up or down to a setting that I have not stored. Now I must set the mirror every time I drive. Any ideas. It worked fine for almost 3 years. BTW, the seat memory works fine, I do not use the reverse tilt memory feature and I have it turned off in settings.

ricklack

Reaction score
Weird electrical gremlins are often signs it is time to replace the battery. I would at minimum have the battery tested.

SteveK

Reaction score
I struggled with this issue for a few days while setting up the driver memory seating position.
Finally found that the exit position needs to be set separate, the top button, not 1 or 2. The set 1 or 2 needs to have seat and mirrors where you want them before saving. Then leave the mirrors alone move the seat to exit position press set and the exit which will save for both memory places the same. Oh and for some reason only passenger mirror was selected for memory which kept it going to where it was before adjustments.

TooTickedy

Reaction score
This may be too late, but try your other keyfob. I was having personal settings issues and found that when I switched to the other fob, problems resolved. It needed a new battery.

SteveK

Reaction score
My wife and I both have a fob and when both are in the car before startup the pasenger mirror does not properly position.

SteveK

Reaction score
Actually, my issue has gotten worse. With just myself and one fob in car the passenger mirror is moving down or up and even in/out randomly. Keep momorizing position, turned down in reverse, shut off exit memory. Nothing yet has stopped this random and not always actions.

Members online

No members online now.