Radio not working & no sounds.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

moldra

Reaction score
Hi there! The other day I started up my 2011 Chevy Equinox. The flashers were on and blinking, and there was no sound to my radio or power. It's just a black screen and no blinker sound either. I took the car to the dealership in which I purchased it and they came back with no answers and no recommendations as to where to go from here. Has anybody else had this problem? I checked the fuse box and everything LOOKS fine... Should I possibly try replacing the fuse? Thank you!

ScottAlvar

Reaction score
Hi there! The other day I started up my 2011 Chevy Equinox. The flashers were on and blinking, and there was no sound to my radio or power. It's just a black screen and no blinker sound either. I took the car to the dealership in which I purchased it and they came back with no answers and no recommendations as to where to go from here. Has anybody else had this problem? I checked the fuse box and everything LOOKS fine... Should I possibly try replacing the fuse? Thank you!

I know this is an older post but the same thing happened to me today.

I unlocked the doors with the remote, got in, put the key in and tried to start the car but nothing. It made a short woosh sound (sorry to get so technical) and then clicked a few times but didn't start.

I tried right way 2 more times with the key in the ignition with the same results.

Went inside and called a friend who drove over and when he got here he put the key in, turned it, and the motor turned over and STARTED!

When it did, the emergency flashers came on and the wipers wiped once (in all fairness he may have hit the lever?). I did not hear the blinkers but I'm pretty sure my display was NOT dark. I think I would have noticed.

So... why did the car not start first, and then the flashers come on when it did start later?

(the clicking sounds like classic dead battery but according to the owners manual there should have been some sort of low battery warning and I didn't see anything after the car started.)

ScottAlvar

Reaction score
It was the battery. Checked voltage yesterday, a little low, this morning? 10volts. :doh2:

Members online

No members online now.