Front camera not working - troubleshooting?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

acodring

Reaction score
Hi there,

Our front camera stopped working a month or two ago. The other three cameras continued working but the front part of the image was just black.

We've been ignoring it, but this week we started getting a blue screen with 'Service camera system' (or something close) now and then. At that point no camera images are showing - just a the blue screen with the 'service' message. So far it has resolved itself after a restart of the car. It comes back and the three cameras continue working for a while so I don't think it's a fuse.

Before I take it in to the shop I'm wondering if there's a connection for the front camera that I can disconnect, clean/blow on... and reconnect in case this is a simple problem. My google skills haven't found a wiring diagram or youtube video yet.

Anyone here have a hint for me?

Thanks,
Andrew

Hey Vern!

Reaction score
Hey Acodring,

is it a 2022 by chance? There is an issue with the front camera module on 2022's. There is a dealer software patch available.

acodring

Reaction score
Hey Acodring,

is it a 2022 by chance? There is an issue with the front camera module on 2022's. There is a dealer software patch available.
Sorry I omitted that detail - it’s a 2019. Could the 2022 fix apply?

Hey Vern!

Reaction score
I don't think so. It seems specific to 2022. The camera cable is only about 10 inches long. You can follow it to the connector.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts