Front camera not working - troubleshooting?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

acodring

Reaction score
Hi there,

Our front camera stopped working a month or two ago. The other three cameras continued working but the front part of the image was just black.

We've been ignoring it, but this week we started getting a blue screen with 'Service camera system' (or something close) now and then. At that point no camera images are showing - just a the blue screen with the 'service' message. So far it has resolved itself after a restart of the car. It comes back and the three cameras continue working for a while so I don't think it's a fuse.

Before I take it in to the shop I'm wondering if there's a connection for the front camera that I can disconnect, clean/blow on... and reconnect in case this is a simple problem. My google skills haven't found a wiring diagram or youtube video yet.

Anyone here have a hint for me?

Thanks,
Andrew

Hey Vern!

Reaction score
Hey Acodring,

is it a 2022 by chance? There is an issue with the front camera module on 2022's. There is a dealer software patch available.

acodring

Reaction score
Hey Acodring,

is it a 2022 by chance? There is an issue with the front camera module on 2022's. There is a dealer software patch available.
Sorry I omitted that detail - it’s a 2019. Could the 2022 fix apply?

Hey Vern!

Reaction score
I don't think so. It seems specific to 2022. The camera cable is only about 10 inches long. You can follow it to the connector.

Members online