Bumping Sound in Rear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Celulloyd

Reaction score
In December 2023, I purchased a 2018 LT. I took it to my mechanic to check it out and he said everything looked good. Over the past 4-6 weeks, I started hearing what sounds like a hollow-type bumping coming from the rear while driving. It sounds like when a box or something bounces if you hit a bump, but there's nothing loose in the rear, and it happens even when I don't hit a bump in the road. It's not constant, but it does happen quite a bit. Any suggestions?

Brennb

Reaction score
In December 2023, I purchased a 2018 LT. I took it to my mechanic to check it out and he said everything looked good. Over the past 4-6 weeks, I started hearing what sounds like a hollow-type bumping coming from the rear while driving. It sounds like when a box or something bounces if you hit a bump, but there's nothing loose in the rear, and it happens even when I don't hit a bump in the road. It's not constant, but it does happen quite a bit. Any suggestions?
Do you happen to have a window open when this happens?

Autoworker 74

Reaction score
Make sure you don't have a broken hanger on your exhaust that is allowing a part to bounce around. That is pretty soon to have that problem but who knows.

SteveK

Reaction score
Have you ruled out a loose item in the location a spare tire would be under the storage.

Members online

No members online now.