Low volume rear speakers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kskruser

Reaction score
Has anyone else with a late-model 'nox noticed that the rear speakers (on the base-model sound system) have very low volume compared to the front?

I have noticed it from day one on my '22 'nox. The speakers and connections are there, all right - if I set the fader control all the way to the rear, I do indeed hear sound coming from the rear speakers. But if I set the fader to the middle, the rear speakers seem to have only about 5% of the volume of the fronts.

The dealer service mgr says "no problem found - must be the way your music was recorded" (obvious BS; it happens with many different music/voice types and/or sources)

Apparently this is a common issue with just about any late-model car (especially GM)... I see lots of Google posts (and here - no joy) about it! The usual upshot is "that's just the way it was designed... nothing to do about it".

The real question is, if you've noticed it, have you found any way around the issue?

Thanx.

-Richard

HOU34s

Reaction score
So it's not my imagination! Just bought a 24 'nox last Wednesday. Noticed this on the way home. Thought my rear speakers were lemons!

ricklack

Reaction score
Do you guys have the Bose system? I know you can adjust the balance with the Bose system, I would expect the standard should have the same or similar adjustments?

TBH, I changed the fade towards the rear just a bit and never worried about it. I find the sound fine, better than my 2013 with the Pioneer system.

HOU34s

Reaction score
Standard system in my 24. Yeah I did the same with increasing fade to rear. It'll work. Going to soon replace the factory tin cans anyway. Going to ask about this issue when I do.

Members online

No members online now.