No sound when turn signal activated

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R_Adams_16

Reaction score
I have a 22 Equinox LS. When I activate the turn indicator, there is no "blinker" sound. The stereo is working, the indicator(s) work, there is just no sound for the "blinker". If there is a sound, it's too faint for me to hear. There are no codes and everything else works fine...any ideas?

Hey Vern!

Reaction score
There should be a setting in the infotainment system that will allow the blinker sound. I'll look at mine tonight to see if i can find it.

R_Adams_16

Reaction score
There should be a setting in the infotainment system that will allow the blinker sound. I'll look at mine tonight to see if i can find it.
I looked for the setting but did not find one for it. I didn't think to do that until I read your reply....

Hey Vern!

Reaction score
I looked too. What I saw said it was under comfort and convenience, but i only see chime there. I did notice mine will not click when the radio is turned up, but it does with the volume low or off.

R_Adams_16

Reaction score
I looked too. What I saw said it was under comfort and convenience, but i only see chime there. I did notice mine will not click when the radio is turned up, but it does with the volume low or off.
Thanks for checking...I appreciae it!

AmmoJoe

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, did you have your seatbelt buckled? I know it sounds stupid but the system won’t play the turn signal noise if the seat belt chime is going off. It will almost like alternate between the seat belt chime and the turn signal. Seems like most newer cars no longer have a separate speaker for this and it’s integrated into the infotainment system. Hope this helps.

R_Adams_16

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, did you have your seatbelt buckled? I know it sounds stupid but the system won’t play the turn signal noise if the seat belt chime is going off. It will almost like alternate between the seat belt chime and the turn signal. Seems like most newer cars no longer have a separate speaker for this and it’s integrated into the infotainment system. Hope this helps.
I did have it buckled. Thanks for the reply/suggestion!

Members online

No members online now.