Turn Signal alert if signal not cancelled

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ed morrow

Reaction score
I had a 2020 Equinox for 3.5 years and just got the 2023. My last vehicle would remind me (beeping sound) that my turn signal was still on. I am bad at this!! The 2023 is not providing the reminder and I don't see a setting for it. Has anyone experienced this issue?

bagbyjw

Reaction score
So your saying that when you turn a corner with you turn signal on after completing the turn your turn signal stays on and does not automatically shut off?

ed morrow

Reaction score
So your saying that when you turn a corner with you turn signal on after completing the turn your turn signal stays on and does not automatically shut off?
No, that is not the situation. It is when I would use the turn signal to, for example, change lanes on the highway and forget to turn it off. In my 2020 the ca would alert me with a ding and show on the console that it was on. It is a feature I enjoyed and dont know why it would have been taken away.

joefish731

Reaction score
I have that turn signal alarm on my 2020 Equinox LT however there is no way of turning it on and off that I see and the alarm alerts after signal is left on for an extended period of time.

CocoaJeff

Reaction score
Hi, Ed;

I had that feature on my old '11 Impala, and it was a nice feature. I just got a '24 Equinox and tried to test it last night by driving a couple of miles down a deserted road with my signal on. I never got any kind of alert. So it doesn't appear that the feature exists on newer Equinox models. My Nox has every other feature under the sun, so it seems like that would have been something Chevy would have kept on their newer vehicles. I'll research a little more, and let you know if I find anything else.

The only good thing for me is that the "blinker blinker" sound is pretty loud on this car, and I can clearly see the blinker signal lights on the dashboard (unlike my Impala, where they were perfectly hidden behind the steering wheel). So that should help to keep me from unintentionally leaving them on.

Jeff

ricklack

Reaction score
I see no mention in the owner's manual. I am fairly certain my 2013 used to have this, but there is no mention in that manual. Why do I still have the 2013 manual, 2 years after I traded it in? For times like these LOL

Members online