Clicking sound under hood when opening or closing a door or the hood or tailgate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Randall1

Reaction score
Bought a 2022 LT when new. Always hear a faint whirring sound under the hood area when opening or closing a door or the hood or tailgate. Sounds like an electric solenoid or motor. The last couple of months, I now have a clicking noise too. The clicking noise stops a few seconds after the electric motor sound. I cannot find anything about the issue using browser search or A.I. Anybody else have those sounds or at least the whirring noise? Thanks, Randall

Hey Vern!

Reaction score
I don't have the noise, but maybe have someone close the tailgate or a door while your ear is near the relays under the hood?

ricklack

Reaction score
My 22 makes similar noise, if I understand you properly. When I shift into Park I get some other noises. With all the electronic doodads, I decided not to worry unless something throws a code, or stops working. Over 90,000 km and still purrs like a kitten, with a few clicks and grunts :D

Randall1

Reaction score
UPDATE: Dealer service told me the faint whirring sound is, in fact, a reset of computer modules every time you open or close the doors hood or tailgate! The clicking sound I had was on a very cold day in Florida, about 36 degrees. I decided to connect my battery charger. Initially, it said it was at 67%. I let it charge about 23 hours (trickle). With the battery at a full charge the next day, it was also closer to 60 degrees. Bingo, no more clicking noise! Just the normal faint whirring noise which is normal. BTW, I had a 2019 that did not have this whirring module reset noise.

Members online

No members online now.