Wiper, driver side hitting door post

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TopHat

Reaction score
2019 Equinox LT 1.5, apparently it's always done this since my daughter bought it new, but she didn't realize it. When dry it won't do it, but during rain or using washer, the wiper on driver's side hits the door post. Annoyed me to no end when I drove it in the rain. I figured I just pull it off like I did on Avalanche but different. I took it in but didn't go into Chevy dealer service line and just told service advisor who didn't believe it.

She saw that it didn't hit the post when dry; I assured her that when wet it did. So she asked me to activate the washer and sure enough, click click, click. She wanted to point it out to a fellow advisor and asked him to fix it. Raised the hood, used a screw driver to pop the cap, and unscrewed the bolt and yanked off the wiper arm. Rotated it ever so slightly and reinstalled. Silence, no more click click click.

Hope this helps somebody and dealership did it for free.

Members online

No members online now.