Another Bad Door Lock Actuator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ron Hertzog

Reaction score
I just replaced my 3rd door lock actuator on my 2019 Redline. This time it was the driver's side rear. It would lock but not unlock just like the other side would do, the driver's door just wouldn't work at all. I think I am starting to get pretty good at replacing these. I noticed that when I checked the one's I replaced that the motors seemed to have lost power and just couldn't push the lock back up to unlock the door. I'm guessing these little motors have got to be made in China, just saying. Sure glad that you can get these on Ebay, probably at least $100 cheaper than GM. I paid a total of $182 for all three. Couldn't even imagine what a Chevrolet dealership would charge for purchasing and installing them. I know one other Member had a door lock problem, just curious if anybody else has had any problems with these.

Imperfectlyperfect

Reaction score
I have a 2014 2.4 FWD and I’ve had it for about a year n half.. I bought it with 134,500 miles. I now have 179,500. I do drive a lot. But I’ve noticed I’ve been having to add oil all the time. I do regular oil changes.
About 3 months ago my truck started stalling on take off. It’s only when I first go to give it gas. Forward or reverse. I think reverse may be slightly worse.
I’m getting horrible gas mileage.. I do a lot of highway driving.
And my door locks are also jacked up!! Seems like it had its good days and bad. I know they won’t lock or unlock when it’s cold out. They don’t lock when put into gear anymore.
Just seems like it’s constantly something. I have 2 more years to pay on it.
Any guidance is appreciated, I am mechanically gifted. Meaning I work on my own cars..

Severum17

Reaction score
If they are new ones that failed, GM will warranty the parts. Take them back with your receipt

Members online