Door Lock - Anti Theft

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GuardianAngel

Reaction score
Hello
My 2006 Chev Equinox was broken into twice in the last 6 months. I always lock my doors and arm it with the keyless entry. The thief gets in the car but seconds later my car alarm goes off. The second time was this past weekend. In the video you can clearly see he simply opens the door normally. The first time was dark and rainy and didn't quite show up on the video how he got in since the alarm went off that time as well. I couldn't understand how he got in since it was locked and armed and the alarm goes off.

After it got light out since it was 4am when it happened, I locked and armed my car with my keyless entry, the lock on all doors were depressed in the lock position, but sure enough the driver door simply opened. The alarm started flashing and went off within 10 seconds or so. I've had this car for 9 yrs. When I lock and arm, I assumed all these years all doors are locked and no one can get in. The passenger, and two rear passenger doors remained locked even if I tried to open them. I tried to manually lock the driver door with the key, same thing, you can still open the driver side door even after you locked it manually with a key.

Does anyone know why this happens and how I can fix it?

Thank you so much for your help.

GuardianAngel

Reaction score
Thanks for the help @cavell and @Hey Vern!.

It's the actuator motor. They had to order the part and will put in in next Saturday. In all my years of owning a car, I've never had this problem :)

I reported the break in to the police. Nothing was taken, I don't leave anything in my car.

Thanks again!

Last edited:

scan2

Reaction score
yeah, i had a 2005 (sadly sitting in back yard because of a cat problem) but the actuators do go out, usually one after the other. the fronts are harder to put in then the rears because of the key hole. and if not put in correctly can make your alarm go off randomly.

Members online