2019 Equinox LS Redline 2.0 Door lock problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ron Hertzog

Reaction score
I am having a problem with my 2019 Equinox LT 2.0 AWD. No red indicator light on driver side door lock switch when you press the lock button. But the red indicator will light up on passenger side front door. Driver's side front door lock switch will lock/unlock the front passenger side door and rear passenger driver side door, but it won't lock/unlock the driver's door and rear passenger door, same deal if I use the remote. The passenger door lock switch can't lock/unlock driver door or rear passenger door either. I called my dealer and he told me it could be the actuator or a problem with I can't remember what he said but it was something major that could cost up to $1000. They want $115 just to check it out. If anyone has a clue how to fix or diagnose this problem, please let me know. Thanks

Pishner03

Reaction score
I am having a problem with my 2019 Equinox LT 2.0 AWD. No red indicator light on driver side door lock switch when you press the lock button. But the red indicator will light up on passenger side front door. Driver's side front door lock switch will lock/unlock the front passenger side door and rear passenger driver side door, but it won't lock/unlock the driver's door and rear passenger door, same deal if I use the remote. The passenger door lock switch can't lock/unlock driver door or rear passenger door either. I called my dealer and he told me it could be the actuator or a problem with I can't remember what he said but it was something major that could cost up to $1000. They want $115 just to check it out. If anyone has a clue how to fix or diagnose this problem, please let me know. Thanks
I had the same exact problem with my 2018 1.5 LT. It ended up being both front and rear actuators on the driver’s side! I ordered two used ones on eBay and replaced them myself. Wasn’t too bad of a job. Just very tedious. They both work perfect now! I’m sure it’s an issue with these actuators. Chevy has really gotten cheap over the years!

Ron Hertzog

Reaction score
I had the same exact problem with my 2018 1.5 LT. It ended up being both front and rear actuators on the driver’s side! I ordered two used ones on eBay and replaced them myself. Wasn’t too bad of a job. Just very tedious. They both work perfect now! I’m sure it’s an issue with these actuators. Chevy has really gotten cheap over the years!

Update/Problem Solved; Replaced both front and rear actuators. Driver's side door was a little harder to install than rear passenger door. Purchased New GM OEM Front Driver Side Lock Latch 13533684 for $52.95 w/tax off of ebay and New OEM GM Rear Passenger Side Door Lock Latch 13533636 for $66.78 w/tax. Thanks for all your info.

Bamablond

Reaction score
They sure have VERY CHEAP!!

Members online