2018 Door locks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pishner03

Reaction score
My wife and I just bought a 2018 Chevy Equinox LT 1.5 FWD. Unfortunately we discovered that the drivers side front and rear doors will not lock/unlock with the key fob or by pressing the lock/unlock button on either front doors. You can lock/unlock the passenger side doors from all buttons on both sides and key fob. The lock indicator light does not light up on the driver’s side. It does light up on the passenger side. I read in another forum that it could be a corroded wiring harness. Has anyone ever had this problem? If so, which harness would need to be replaced? TIA

Ron Hertzog

Reaction score
You got lucky, my fuses were ok. Had to replace driver side door actuator. Then about 3 months later had to replace passenger rear door actuator then a little later the rear driver side door actuator. Driver side door actuator was not an easy replacement, rear door actuators not a problem.

Members online

No members online now.