Key Fob Too Strong Signal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chitown91

Reaction score
so i got a new remote programmed for my 2022 premier and it works but maybe too good. Whenever i leave the vehicle the car will beep as if i left a key in the vehicle, although i did not it still beeps the horn. If i go and put the key like 10 feet from the vehicle then close the door everything is fine, has anyone ever had this happen or heard of this I'm looking for a resolution.

Brennb

Reaction score
If it locks the door and beeps once, a few seconds after you close the door, it is likely a setting in the dic. I have mine set up this way.

Brennb

Reaction score
sorry, I should have said infotainment screen. You should find settings for controlling door locks, horn feedback, and a setting for "remote left in vehicle" in the "vehicle" tab in settings.
As an example, I have mine set to automatically lock doors, and provide 1 chirp within a couple of seconds when i exit the vehicle. I also have the remote left in vehicle toggle set to off.
I hope I'm reading your question correctly

Chitown91

Reaction score
Sounds like a good idea I should be able to do that….BUT why is it still saying key fob left in vehicle when I close the door? I move the remote 10ft away from car everything is fine. It’s mind boggling.

Colin Lister

Reaction score
so i got a new remote programmed for my 2022 premier and it works but maybe too good. Whenever i leave the vehicle the car will beep as if i left a key in the vehicle, although i did not it still beeps the horn. If i go and put the key like 10 feet from the vehicle then close the door everything is fine, has anyone ever had this happen or heard of this I'm looking for a resolution.
You can set the time when the car locks after you leave it... Maybe it needs more time for you to move further away. I've set mine to single beep on autolock just to be sure so I know it locks as I walk away.

Members online