2022, new 5 button key fob availability

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gbynum

Reaction score
We bought a used 2022 Equinox that only had one key included (We knew it, not a surprise). I expected a programmed replacement to be expensive, but didn't expect that there would be none available.

Do any of you forum members know where I might find a 5 button HYQ4AS to purchase? There seem to be plenty of 3 and 4 button units out there.

Thanks!

Hey Vern!

Reaction score
Not sure what emergency key you have but...

gbynum

Reaction score
That link today shows emergency key is included. I passed this to our locksmith who was told 6-8 months!

THANKS!

Severum17

Reaction score
Former GM Parts manager here. Be careful if you are shopping for these on ebay or such. Many are not programmable to the vehicle. GM dealer will have them and have the ability to cut the emergency key. They may be pricey. JMHO

gbynum

Reaction score
Former GM Parts manager here. Be careful if you are shopping for these on ebay or such. Many are not programmable to the vehicle. GM dealer will have them and have the ability to cut the emergency key. They may be pricey. JMHO
I've seen that before. The selling dealer (used car from Honda dealership) gave us the guy's name/number. He is a Batteries+ employee and came to our house. He programmed the electronics, cut the physical key, and explained that the Equinox has a (the?) receiver under the front cupholder and a programmed key without a battery will allow the car to operate if the electronic module is there.

I fully expected the "pricey" but it turned out tha Honda dealer paid for the 2nd key. My wife was living right.

This is the first dealership I've liked!! In 58+ years!

Members online