Heated Seats and Remote Start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rbiggers

Reaction score
Is there a way to get the heated seats to come on when you remote start an LTZ Equinox? I figure there is a way to program that to happen. I can't figure out how to do that on my mother-in-law's new LTZ. Thanks!

Z_Ghost

Super Mod
Reaction score
The seat button will not light up and it seems like it takes a bit for the seat to heat up and I also think their is a temp limit on when they will come on with remote start.

You need to go into climate and air quality, then to remote auto start heat seats.

I have it turned on in my Terrain and they are just a little warmer then the back seats when I do a remote start and let it warm up 3 minutes. Now when I get in and put the key in and push the button they get hot quick.
It was 31 tonight on the way home and with the driver seat on the lowest setting I had to turn it off after about 3 minutes, it is nice.

Z_Ghost

Super Mod
Reaction score
A lot better.
We have been around 30 at night, but it's going to be in the 70's :peace:Wednesday but really cold by next Saturday, down to 27 that night.

good thing seeing as I can not go to work tomorrow I will have to go to the park and spend some nice weather time there.

rbiggers

Reaction score
The seat button will not light up and it seems like it takes a bit for the seat to heat up and I also think their is a temp limit on when they will come on with remote start.

You need to go into climate and air quality, then to remote auto start heat seats.

I have it turned on in my Terrain and they are just a little warmer then the back seats when I do a remote start and let it warm up 3 minutes. Now when I get in and put the key in and push the button they get hot quick.
It was 31 tonight on the way home and with the driver seat on the lowest setting I had to turn it off after about 3 minutes, it is nice.

:waytogo: Got it! I'll get in there and see if I can get it programmed to turn on. Thanks!

rbiggers

Reaction score
You guys need to slow down and enjoy life:D. But no, not yet. I haven't been able to catch her at home. Hopefully tomorrow. I'm excited to get in there and get it programmed now that I know it can be done.

rbiggers

Reaction score
Done!!! And it was exactly like the Terrain to program. Will know how good it was after tomorrow morning. Supposed to get down to 25 degrees tonight, so it's perfect timing!

Z_Ghost

Super Mod
Reaction score
glad it worked.
It's going to get down to 29 here Friday night then back up into the 70's Monday.

rbiggers

Reaction score
It worked! But just like you said, it isn't very warm until you turn the car on and hit the button. But still a good option to use.

Z_Ghost

Super Mod
Reaction score
even a little warmer is better then no warmth at all, glad you got it working.

I did a remote start tonight and let it warm up longer then I have been and it was warmer, so maybe it needs more time to warm up.
On a side note it sure will kill some MPG letting it sit there idling.

rbiggers

Reaction score
even a little warmer is better then no warmth at all, glad you got it working.

I did a remote start tonight and let it warm up longer then I have been and it was warmer, so maybe it needs more time to warm up.
On a side note it sure will kill some MPG letting it sit there idling.

Yeah, it sure does hurt the MPG, but I still remote start my Silverado every morning for at least a couple of minutes. I just feel like it's so much better for the engine to warm and lube up a little before putting it in gear. Might be a good new thread to start about this topic.

Z_Ghost

Super Mod
Reaction score
I also like to let it warm up the motor before I start driving, it's a lot better for the drivetrain.
We have only been down below 40 a few times so far so I have not had to let it warm up for very long.

Members online