2018 LT Driver seat moves when using remote Start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Elontusk

Reaction score
I'm new here sorry if this is in the wrong thread.

I have a 2018 equinox LT and when I use remote Start with back part of the driver seat moves forward. Is there anyway I can stop it?

Hey Vern!

Reaction score
Hey Elon,

my guess is that the key fob is set for that seat position. Do you have driver 1 and driver 2 presets for seats and mirrors? If so, you can assign those profiles to different fobs. You should be able to alter this in settings in the infotainment system.

Elontusk

Reaction score
Hey Elon,

my guess is that the key fob is set for that seat position. Do you have driver 1 and driver 2 presets for seats and mirrors? If so, you can assign those profiles to different fobs. You should be able to alter this in settings in the infotainment system.
There is no option in the infotainment center for the seats. It's also a brand new key fob

Hey Vern!

Reaction score
Sorry, I drive a premier, so I guess that is where my lack of understanding comes in. Hopefully someone else can comment with a solution. Best of luck and Happy Holidays!

spaycace

Reaction score
I suggest you look in the owner’s manual to see how the memory seats work and then check whether or not your fob was programmed correctly. Start on page 61 … ( https://www.chevymanuals.org/2018-chevrolet-equinox-owners-manual/ ) Usually, if you get a new fob and don’t re-learn all fobs still being used, the newly programmed one becomes remote #1 by default. If you have dual seat memory positions, it’s possible you want to be “driver 2” but the new fob is programmed to be “driver 1”

TopHat

Reaction score
Interesting. I'd think preset seating would not happen until you got inside and pushed the ignition swatch. We don't have that function on our 2019 LT, but that's how it works on my 22 Escalade.

Hey Vern!

Reaction score
Hi Elon,
I checked my infotainment settings over the weekend. If you have this, go to Settings-> Comfort and Convenience ->Auto Memory Recall and select off. This should stop the seat from moving on remote start.

Members online