Heated Seats and Remote Start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rbiggers

Reaction score
Got that right, talking about our cool rides is very important.

It most definitely is! I try to talk about them with my wife, and she is ok at first. But she tends to get a blank stare after a while......or just puts on her ipod.

Z_Ghost

Super Mod
Reaction score
It most definitely is! I try to talk about them with my wife, and she is ok at first. But she tends to get a blank stare after a while......or just puts on her ipod.
:lol:
That sounds about right but then we do the same thing to them.

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
I made a friend of mind stand on the road and listen to the Nox as I rode of with the pedal mashed almost all the way.

I really do like the sound of these things.

aplarsen

Reaction score
The seat button will not light up and it seems like it takes a bit for the seat to heat up and I also think their is a temp limit on when they will come on with remote start.

You need to go into climate and air quality, then to remote auto start heat seats.

I have it turned on in my Terrain and they are just a little warmer then the back seats when I do a remote start and let it warm up 3 minutes. Now when I get in and put the key in and push the button they get hot quick.
It was 31 tonight on the way home and with the driver seat on the lowest setting I had to turn it off after about 3 minutes, it is nice.
Hey, where are these menu options? Is there a special programming menu that has these?

rbiggers

Reaction score
They are in the menu on the LTZ NAV and XM screen. I don't remember exactly how you get to the climate menu as I did it on my mother-in-law's LTZ about a year ago. Ghost can probably tell you exactly how to get to it.

aplarsen

Reaction score
I don't have the NAV, just XM. We really weren't sure whether mine was an LTZ or not. It might actually be an LT that had several other features added to it.

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
I don't have the NAV, just XM. We really weren't sure whether mine was an LTZ or not. It might actually be an LT that had several other features added to it.

If it was LTZ there would be a badge on the lift gate.

Mind LT is like that but when they add leather, remote start, back up camera and more the invoice should reflect LT2. Or at least mine did.

aplarsen

Reaction score
Mine has no badge, which is why it wasn't obvious what the trim was. It's probably LT2 then.

If I don't have NAV, am I able to get into this programming menu?

rbiggers

Reaction score
There's not a climate option on the odometer readout menu, is there? At least for those of you with heated seats and are not an LTZ?

Z_Ghost

Super Mod
Reaction score
Page 5-32
The Audo systems controls are used to access the personalization menus.
Press config.
Press the center button of the menu/slect Knob.
Turn the Menu/Slect to highlight the Vechicle settings that you want to change,then press the menu/select button.
Just go down till you find it.

The owner's manual shows how to do it, with the nav system you get the same manual as everyone else + a second manual for the nav system, so you all should be able to change it as it shows that it's in there.

Z_Ghost

Super Mod
Reaction score
Your welcome, hope someone can give it a try to see if they can change it.

Bowtieman21

Reaction score
I have a 2LT without navi, and i'm trying to do the same so when the remote start kicks on the seat heater kicks on too. I've made sure the remote start heated seats box is checked but it doesn't seem to do anything when i use the remote start.

Members online

No members online now.